2018 Membership Dues, Information, and Recruitment Efforts
Dear fellow Aero Club Member,
It is time to renew your membership for 2018 in your Aero Club of Buffalo. Thank you for your continued support and your efforts promoting aviation awareness in Western New York. Please send in your dues at your earliest opportunity. Consider providing a 2017 special donation and designate it either for the scholarship fund or general funds. If you don't already have a name tag, consider purchasing one to wear at meetings.
Our collaboration with the Niagara Frontier Section of AIAA brought us terrific speakers in 2017, with Dr Sandy Magnus, who shared what it was like to fly aboard the Space Shuttle and live aboard the International Space Station, and Jeffrey Peer, an Israeli Fighter Pilot Ace. Major Walter Gordon has graciously offered to continue our partnership with AIAA in the future, allowing us to bring some excellent speakers to our meetings.
Other programs already scheduled for 2018 include:
In addition to AIAA, we will continue our cooperation with the Niagara Aerospace Museum. If you've not visited their collection, you're really missing out.
- January - Aero Club Member Norm Weingarten will speak to us on the History of In-Flight Simulation at Calspan.
- February - we will hear from Joseph Guarino, Airfield Superintendent at Buffalo International, talk to us about snow removal and preparing for Air Force One.
- March - AIAA has arranged a program featuring Charles Debelvue, highest scoring U.S. ACE in Vietnam.
- April - Captain Donald Van Dyke, Chairman, Royal Aeronautical Society - Montreal
- May - Niagara Frontier Aviation & Space Hall of Fame induction ceremony and dinner.
We will be working with our partners to increase the visibility of the Aeroclub of Buffalo in our community, and abroad.
The best compliment any organization can receive is an introduction of a new member. Please consider being an ambassador for our club. If you know of an aviation enthusiast that is not already a member, or who might return to membership if they are asked, please invite them to a meeting.
When you participate in the Aero Club of Buffalo you are continuing the traditions of the oldest Aeroclub in the United States, the second oldest in the world and we are dedicated to preserving our rich aviation heritage that makes Western New York so unique.
88th President, Aero Club of Buffalo